Miss Dana's Translation Classes

You forgot to log in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You forgot to log in!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Dana's Classes

4 posters

HOMEWORK [3]

Manar Al-Harbi
    Manar Al-Harbi

Female
    Number of posts : 11
    Class : 446
    Dictionary : longman,oxford
    hobbies : !
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

HOMEWORK [3] Empty HOMEWORK [3]

Post by Manar Al-Harbi Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:52 pm

||

Good moorning/evening girls,

execuse me for the one who the teacher asked her to transelate this week
    but since i have been wating for someone to post her text i desided to do it my self
    i think it's Lubna but it's ok dear there is no deffrence between us
    , 'cause we don't want the time run away from us
    and it's nice to finish our homework early and take a long free break jocolor ;

so this is the English text:
    Like a Star @ heaven
    these volcanoes began when some cracks appeared on the bottom of the pacific ocean.
    deep under the earth's surface, the rocks are very hot , so hot that they are in a liquid from called . this lava can sometimes come up through opinings on the surface of the earth.
    the piles of lava slowly build up and become mountains. when the opinings are on the ocean floor,

the mountains are at first underwater. they may eventually become tall enough to rise above the water and from island . this is how the Hawaiian Archipelago was created.this archipelago , or collection of islands,consists of 132 points of land. the larger points of land of the archipelago are Hawaiian islands.

and here is my transelation:
    Like a Star @ heaven
    بدأت البراكين بالظهور عندما تصدعت الأرض في قاع المحيط الهادي .فبالعمق من سطح الأرض تكون الصخور شديدة الحرارة لدرجة أنها تنصهر وتدعى حميم. تلك الحمم كانت أحيانا تظهر من خلال تلك الشقوق الموجوده على سطح الأرض. فأكوام الحمم تلك تفاقهم حجمها ببطء وأصبحت كالجبال, وبما أن الشقوق تقع في قاع المحيط , جبال الحمم تلك كانت تحت الماء بدايةً. ثم أصبحت طويلة كفاية لتصعد وتظهر فوق سطح الماء وفوق أرض الجزيرة.

وبذلك, أصبح لدينا أرخبيل هاواي ذلك الأرخبيل أو بمايدعى " مجموعة الحزر" يتكون من 132 جزيرة.أكبر بقعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي جزر هاواي.

now, show me your lovely comments laidies Wink

Layla Al-Omari
    Layla Al-Omari

Female
    Number of posts : 6
    Class : 446-Translation
    Dictionary : longman
    hobbies : writng-drawing
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

HOMEWORK [3] Empty Re: HOMEWORK [3]

Post by Layla Al-Omari Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:20 am

hey Manar!!! it`s good to see ur translation here <<plz don`t laugh!!someone is trying to be nice here
    let me say first that I loved how u translated the text-good job girl
    but ,wouldn`t be better to say
    ففي اعماق الارض
    instead of فبالعمق من سطح الأرض
    also I notice a repeating of the word تلك ()
    u can say
    فهذي الحمم
    instead of تلك الحمم

وبذلك, أصبح لدينا أرخبيل هاواي ذلك الأرخبيل أو بمايدعى " مجموعة الحزر" يتكون من 132 جزيرة.أكبر بقعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي جزر هاواي.

u can say
    الذي يتكون من 132 جزيرة
    حيث أكبر بقعه في هذا الارخبيل تدعى جزر الهاواي

that`s all what I have ,,,,,keep up the good work
    enjoy the mornings without classes lol!
    Manar Al-Harbi
    Manar Al-Harbi

Female

Post by Manar Al-Harbi Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Heeey Layla
    good to see you with your comments >> i'm trying to be nicer ^^
    thank you Layla and i liked what wrote too and it's all correct i agree with you i used تلك alot

But : فبالعمق من سطح الارض
    i liked it more than ففي أعماق الارض

SO , i'll write what you said
    then we'll take a third opinion

<BLOCKQUOTE>بدأت البراكين بالظهور عندما تصدعت الأرض في قاع المحيط الهادي .ففي أعماق الأرض تكون الصخور شديدة الحرارة لدرجة أنها تنصهر وتدعى حميم. هذه الحمم كانت أحيانا تظهر من خلال تلك الشقوق الموجوده على سطح الأرض. فأكوام الحمم تلك تفاقهم حجمها ببطء وأصبحت كالجبال, وبما أن الشقوق تقع في قاع المحيط , جبال الحمم تلك كانت تحت الماء بدايةً. ثم أصبحت طويلة كفاية لتصعد وتظهر فوق سطح الماء وفوق أرض الجزيرة.

وبذلك, أصبح لدينا أرخبيل هاواي ذلك الأرخبيل أو بمايدعى " مجموعة الحزر" الذي يتكون من 132 جزيرة.حيث أكبر بقعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي جزر هاواي

</BLOCKQUOTE>

you too Layla > moorning is soo much mooore beatiful now lol!
    Lubna Al-Ali
    Lubna Al-Ali

Female
    Dictionary : Oxford
    hobbies : many several things ~

Post by Lubna Al-Ali Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 am

Hi Manar ~ .. ! Hi Layla ~ .. !

sorry for being late Rolling Eyes .. you know .. this vacation was a golden chance for me to see the world out side my room !! WOW !! it's too cold there !!!

however.. nice to see your text ! XD
    actually Ms.Dana didn't tell that a specific member should put the text
    last week .. and I was about to insert mine .. but you were faster than
    me ! Good for you ! \(^o^)/ but the next time it will be my chance !

and now.. about your translation .. in fact I have some comment on it ! I'll tell you .. Embarassed I'll take each one alone and tell you what I think about it .. OK honey ? Wink

1 . in the first sentence " بدأت البراكين بالظهور عندما تصدعت الأرض في قاع المحيط الهادي ."
    I think you missed the word " these " , while we're not in the beginning of the passage, l think we should consider it ...so it become "تلك البراكين بدأت بالظهور " ..
    even when we say " تصدعت الأرض قي قاع المحيط " you reported two words have the same meaning " الأرض" and " قاع المحيط " .. so in my opinion we should choose one of them .. like " عندما تصدع قاع المحيط الهاديء " .. am I right ? or not ? ^^

2. the second one " ففي أعماق الأرض تكون الصخور شديدة الحرارة لدرجة أنها تنصهر وتدعى حمم " this sentence when I read it .. in fact I felt that is something wrong with it study << she's not scared of you! LOL
    I have another suggest .. and you can choose what you think is better ^^ .. my sentence is " فعميقاً تحت سطح الأرض, ترتفع درجة حرارة الصخور لتصل إلى درجة الإنصهار مُكونة الحمم البركانية " .. if there's something unrelated tell me ^-^"

3. the sentence " هذه الحمم كانت أحيانا تظهر من خلال تلك الشقوق الموجوده على سطح الأرض. " these underlined words miss organization .. Surprised because the word " احيانا " in a wrong place .. maybe we should say " وهذه الحمم كانت تتسرب في بعض الأحيان من خلال الشقوق الموجودة على سطح الأرض "

4. then " فأكوام الحمم تلك تفاقهم حجمها ببطء وأصبحت كالجبال " the word " تفاقم " doesn't fit with the text Embarassed because as I think the word " تفاقم " means something grew up in short period of time .. but here we are talking about ages of time .. maybe we can say " ًفأكوام الحمم تلك تراكمت مع مرور الوقت حتى كونت جبالا " tells you the truth ..even my sentence looks strange to me too ! Very Happy what do you think ?

5. the sentence " وبما أن الشقوق تقع في قاع المحيط , جبال الحمم تلك كانت تحت الماء بدايةً. ثم أصبحت طويلة كفاية لتصعد وتظهر فوق سطح الماء وفوق أرض الجزيرة." .. Umm ~ .. I feel the meaning is not clear =D .. I understood the sentence like these " فمن البديهي أن تكون بداية تكوّن الجبال تحت سطح الماء طالما أن فتحاتها تقع في قاع المحيط " .. how is it going for now ? .. about the second part of the sentence in my opinion it's better to say " وربما طالت في نهاية المطاف حتى وصلت إلى سطح الماء وكوّنت جزرا " .. so the sentence will be " فمن البديهي أن تكون بداية تكوّن الجبال تحت سطح الماء طالما أن فتحاتها تقع في قاع المحيط وربما طالت في نهاية المطاف حتى وصلت إلى سطح الماء وكوّنت جزرا ".

6. your sentence is "وبذلك, أصبح لدينا أرخبيل هاواي ذلك الأرخبيل أو بمايدعى " مجموعة الجزر" الذي يتكون من 132 جزيرة " I liked this sentence .. but I prefer it more without " الذي " .. so it become like this:
    "وبذلك, أصبح لدينا أرخبيل هاواي , ذلك الأرخبيل أو مايدعى " مجموعة الجزر" يتكون من 132 جزيرة "

7. about this one " حيث أكبر بقعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي جزر هاواي " I liked how you stated it ^^
    but I think it's suitable to say " قطعة أرض " instead of " بقعة أرض " .. and we should say " جزيرة هاواي " because " قطعة الأرض " is singular. ^^ ... Right ??!

So .. after all that babble above .. the text will be :

تلك البراكين بدأت بالظهور عندما تصدع قاع المحيط الهاديء, فعميقاً تحت سطح الأرض ترتفع درجة حرارة الصخور لتصل إلى درجة الإنصهار مُكونة الحمم البركانية وهذه الحمم كانت تتسرب في بعض الأحيان من خلال الشقوق الموجودة على سطح الأرض, فأكوام الحمم تلك تراكمت مع مرور الوقت حتى كونت جبالا ومن البديهي أن تكون بداية تكوّن تلك الجبال تحت سطح الماء طالما أن فتحاتها تقع في قاع المحيط ، وربما طالت في نهاية المطاف حتى وصلت إلى سطح الماء وكوّنت جزرا, وبذلك أصبح لدينا أرخبيل هاواي , ذلك الأرخبيل أو مايدعى " مجموعة الجزر" يتكون من 132 جزيرة حيث أكبر قطعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي جزيرة هاواي.

I spent three days thinking in this paragraph .. Sad SO ...
    if there is something .. anything .. looks wrong just tell me .. because I need your opinions desperately!
    and remember .. I'm learning from you a lot girls ! I love you
    Layla Al-Omari
    Layla Al-Omari

Female

Post by Layla Al-Omari Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:14 am

hey Lubna!!!I`m so amazed by u ,,,I`m starting to think that u r so professional in translation ,,but girl!!I`m so tired from reading ur comments ,,,can`t u make them a little bit shorter ?
    anyway...about translating (these) ,hun I think that we don`t have to translate every single word...our job here is to translate the meanings....other than that I agree with all of ur points
    keep up the good work
    Manar Al-Harbi
    Manar Al-Harbi

Female

Post by Manar Al-Harbi Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:58 pm

,Hi Lubna good to see you
    actully i couldn't wait because i have alot of things to do but since i've put my text this week, Ofcours you'll be the next time

OK,about the transelation i liked so much good for you honey !
    as what Layla said , you don't transelate evry single word if it didn't effict the meaning why sould i transelate it

and what you said Lubna:

about this one " حيث أكبر بقعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي جزر هاواي " I liked how you stated it ^^
    but I think it's suitable to say " قطعة أرض " instead of " بقعة أرض " .. and we should say " جزيرة هاواي " because " قطعة الأرض " is singular. ^^ ... Right ??!

First of all as it's written it was islandS then we sould say جزر
    you said : أكبر قطعة أرض > جزيرة هاواي
    becuase it's singular
    dear you transelat in Arabic not English don't mix between them cyclops
    i'll remind you of a small Arabic lesson :
    الضمير الغائب للجمع الغيرالعاقل في اللغة العربية هو :"هي" مثلا كتب الكتب هي
    الحيوانات هي التي .....
    in English it's diffrent as you see
    the summary is we can use a singular pronun ia Arabic
    أكبر بقعة أرض هي جزر هاواي
    hope you axcept my comments

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

So it's going to be like this

بدأت البراكين بالظهور عندما تصدع قاع المحيط الهاديء, فعميقاً تحت سطح الأرض ترتفع درجة حرارة الصخور
    لتصل إلى درجة الإنصهار مُكونة الحمم البركانية وهذه الحمم كانت تتسرب في بعض الأحيان من خلال الشقوق الموجودة على سطح الأرض, فأكوام الحمم تلك تراكمت مع مرور الوقت حتى كونت جبالا ومن البديهي أن تكون تلك الجبال تحت سطح الماء بدايةً طالما أن فتحاتها تقع في قاع المحيط ، وربما طالت في نهاية المطاف حتى وصلت إلى سطح الماء وكوّنت جزرا, وبذلك أصبح لدينا أرخبيل هاواي , ذلك الأرخبيل أو مايدعى " مجموعة الجزر" يتكون من 132 جزيرة حيث أكبر بقعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي
    جزر هاواي

Thank you girls good job to all of you Smile

Last edited by Manar Al-Harbi on Sun May 03, 2009 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lubna Al-Ali
    Lubna Al-Ali

Female

Post by Lubna Al-Ali Sun May 03, 2009 12:42 am

Like a Star @ heaven Layla ~
    thanks honey !! Embarassed he he he .. my comments were long because I was explain it to myself too !! XD
    but I'll try to make it shorter next time !! Wink

Like a Star @ heaven Manar ~
    thanks sweety !! I'll put my translation next time !! ^^
    and your comment on " جزر هاواي " is surely Right !! .. sorry .. but I weren't paying attention to the " S " in " Islands " Very Happy

BUT girls .. I'm not 100% convinced with you ! =D
    actually I still think that we should consider " these " .. because in my opinion it affect on the meaning .. I mean .. what volcanoes we're talking about ?? .. we're talking about these volcanoes which made the Hawaiian islands .. right ?
    Manar Al-Harbi
    Manar Al-Harbi

Female

Post by Manar Al-Harbi Sun May 03, 2009 1:37 am

Ahaaa Lubna
    yess dear i see what your point is
    sorry , actully it does effect the meaning
    sorry again
    but beleive i havt word-word transelating that's why i avoided to stuck in the paragraph
    and there is another point i forgot to tell you about it
    you said " قطعة أرض"
    but بقعة أرض
    is more commom in it does make sense we always read about بقااع الأرض not قطع الارض
    unless if you want to buy a specific one you said : قطعة أرض
    small one

got it ? !!Wink
    Manar Al-Harbi
    Manar Al-Harbi

Female

Post by Manar Al-Harbi Sun May 03, 2009 1:43 am

Very Happy The Final Draft !!

بدأت تلك البراكين بالظهور عندما تصدع قاع المحيط الهاديء, فعميقاً تحت سطح الأرض ترتفع درجة حرارة الصخور

لتصل إلى درجة الإنصهار مُكونة الحمم البركانية وهذه الحمم كانت تتسرب في بعض الأحيان من خلال الشقوق الموجودة على سطح الأرض, فأكوام الحمم تلك تراكمت مع مرور الوقت حتى كونت جبالا ومن البديهي أن تكون تلك الجبال تحت سطح الماء بدايةً طالما أن فتحاتها تقع في قاع المحيط ، وربما طالت في نهاية المطاف حتى وصلت إلى سطح الماء وكوّنت جزرا, وبذلك أصبح لدينا أرخبيل هاواي , ذلك الأرخبيل أو مايدعى " مجموعة الجزر" يتكون من 132 جزيرة حيث أكبر بقعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي جزر هاواي

ps:
    Thanks Lubna for being such a good partner !! ,, and so do you
    Layla

Layla Al-Omari
    Layla Al-Omari

Female

Post by Layla Al-Omari Wed May 06, 2009 6:56 am

cheers let`s pray that it`ll be the final draft
    Lubna Al-Ali
    Lubna Al-Ali

Female

Post by Lubna Al-Ali Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 am

he he he he ... Very Happy
    yes it will be the final !! lol!

Manar thanks honey .. Layla thanks .. LOL !!
    Ms. Dana
    Ms. Dana
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 178
    Class : Introduction to Translation
    Dictionary : Oxford, Longman, Al-Mawred and Electronic Atlas
    hobbies : reading, drawing, surfing the net and using the photoshop =3
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by Ms. Dana Wed May 06, 2009 11:44 am

بدأت تلك البراكين بالظهور عندما تصدع قاع المحيط الهاديء, فعميقاً تحت سطح الأرض ترتفع درجة حرارة الصخور

لتصل
    إلى درجة الإنصهار مُكونة الحمم البركانية وهذه الحمم كانت تتسرب في بعض
    الأحيان من خلال الشقوق الموجودة على سطح الأرض, فأكوام الحمم تلك تراكمت
    مع مرور الوقت حتى كونت جبالا ومن البديهي أن تكون تلك الجبال تحت سطح
    الماء بدايةً طالما أن فتحاتها تقع في قاع المحيط ، وربما طالت في نهاية
    المطاف حتى وصلت إلى سطح الماء وكوّنت جزرا, وبذلك أصبح لدينا أرخبيل
    هاواي , ذلك الأرخبيل أو مايدعى " مجموعة الجزر" يتكون من 132 جزيرة حيث
    أكبر بقعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي
    جزر هاواي
    رائع تعليق واحد فقط : , ذلك الأرخبيل أو مايدعى " مجموعة الجزر" يتكون من 132 جزيرة حيث
    أكبر بقعة أرض في هذا الأرخبيل هي
    جزر هاواي
    أليس من الأفضل أن يكون :
    , ذلك الأرخبيل أو مايدعى " مجموعة الجزر" يتكون من 132 جزيرة و تسمى أكبرها بجزر هاواي.
    ء
    other than that great work ladies! (^3^)// BONUS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:08 pm